In-App Action - Posting a Shift:
Posting a shift you need covered is the main action in the Shyft app; it makes getting coverage quick and easy! When you post a shift, a notification to everyone in your location is sent, alerting them a shift is available for pick up. They can then immediately accept the shift and notify your manager to approve the swap.
To post a shift:
- Press the Red Plus Sign at the bottom center of your screen
- Click on the "Get My Shift Covered" option
- Choose a shift you have already inputted in your calendar, or create a new shift to post!
- When creating a new shift, choose the date, time, and description of your shift post
- Once the details are complete, choose to post to "My Team" (regional posting is an option if you are part of a district or regional channel with more than one store! This requires an enterprise setup).
- Shift Tip: If you would like to add an incentive for people to pick up your shift, you can add a tip to your shift! The money handoff has to be done offline and out of app.
- Review your shift and when all looks good, Post by clicking the green button in the top right corner
- Your shift will show up in the Shifts Feed (home button)
You can then click into your shift to view comments or delete the shift. Once the shift is posted, it cannot be edited. You must delete the shift and re-post if you need to make changes. If your shift has already been covered, you can no longer delete it or change it. The admin of your location will have to delete the shift post for you.
Happy Shift Swapping!